Millesima Launches Second Annual Wine Blog Awards
Millesima created its Blog Awards in 2013 to honor the American wine blogging community and to share outstanding wine writing with its 80,000+ clients around the world. The Second Annual Competition launches on October 1, 2014.
Millesima invites US-based bloggers to enter their best work for consideration in this year’s competition.
- The awards are open to any English-language, US-based wine blog
- Eligible blogs are oriented toward a consumer audience, rather than having a trade focus
- The blog should be active for at least two years with a number of postings every month
- Eligible articles are original work posted by the blogger between September 2013 – September 2014. Video-centric posts are also eligible
- Blogs may submit multiple entries
How to Enter
Submit a link to your post and note which category you are entering, please use the online form below. All entries must be received by November 5, 2014.
Millesima is seeking outstanding posts about three topics this year. One winner will be chosen in each category.
– Best Post about Fine Wine – focusing on either a superior producer or a fine wine terroir
– Best Post about Wine Travel
– Best Post about Vinification Practices
Each winner will win one of the following prizes, courtesy of our sponsors.
AN EXCEPTIONAL CASE FROM CHATEAU TROPLONG MONDOT
A wonderful six-bottle case of Château Troplong Mondot, offering different vintages. Troplong Mondot is one of the most beautiful expressions of Saint-Émilion. Throughout the history of this appellation, the wines of Troplong Mondot have always been among the most sought-after in Saint-Émilion.
TRAVEL TO BURDIGALA IN NEW YORK – MARCH 2015
An invitation to the prestigious Burdigala Gala Dinner and Grand Tasting, which celebrates the best of Bordeaux wines in New York City, scheduled for March 13, 2015, and a $1000 travel stipend. Burdigala takes place every two years and gathers prestigious Bordeaux Châteaux around a Gala Dinner and a Grand Tasting, dedicated to New York residents and wine lovers. Visit Burdigala website for more information
A UNIQUE LARGE FORMAT BOTTLE OF CHATEAU OLIVIER 2005
Château Olivier generously offers a double magnum of its 2005 vintage, ideal bottle format for better aging. Château Olivier is among the most famous wines of Pessac-Leognan appellation. WS 89-91, to drink from 2015.
- Entry period: October 1 – November 5, 2014
- Finalists will be announced the week of November 10, 2014
- Prize winners and runners up will be announced the week of November 17, 2014, on the millesima-usa.com blog as well as via Facebook and Twitter
- Winners must claim their prizes by December 19, 2014
- Winners are encouraged to share prize information and widgets on their sites and social media channels.
Enter the Millesima Wine Blog Awards!