Burdigala. The ancient Latin name for the city of Bordeaux. Also New York City’s unmatched full-day celebration of Bordeaux. Featuring a Grand Tasting and a Gala Dinner hosted at Midtown’s iconic Rainbow Room, BurdiGala will play host to winemakers, chateaux owners, sommeliers and Bordeaux enthusiasts on April 28th, 2017. And Millesima is pleased to be a Retailer Partner for the 3rd Edition of this amazing non-profit event.
The Grand Tasting, which will run from 1-4pm, will feature a vertical tasting from 21 of Bordeaux’s best estates from Saint Emilion to Margaux, Pauillac to Pomerol and back again. Each of the participating estates will offer three distinct vintages including the 2012. Hosted at The Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center – 19 W 49th street – this unique tasting is a stunning inside look at Bordeaux wines.
The Gala Dinner, hosted inside the Rainbow Room, will feature a 5 course menu, designed by the 2-Star Michelin Awarded Chef from the famed Parisian Hotel Thoumieux, Sylvestre Wahid to complement the best of Bordeaux’s wines from Pessac-Leognan, Saint-Emilion, Pomerol, Saint Julien, Margaux, Saint Estephe, Pauillac and Sauternes. Guests attending this Black Tie Gala are invited to bring a bottle of their favorite Bordeaux wine to share with their fellow diners. In addition a team of 60 sommeliers, will be on hand to discuss the food pairings and introduce the wines.
Estates participating in this year’s BurdiGala include:
- Chateau Beau-Sejour Becot, Saint Emilion, Premier Grand Cru Classe “B”
- Chateau Canon, Saint Emilion, Grand Cru Classe “B”
- Chateau Les Carmes Haut Brion, Pessac Leognan
- Chateau La Conseillante, Pomerol
- Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou, Saint Julien, Second Growth
- Chateau Figeac, Saint Emilion, Grand Cru Classe “B”
- Clos Fourtet, Saint Emilion, Grand Cru Classe “B”
- Chateau Giscours, Margaux, Third Growth
- Chateau Haut Bailly, Pessac-Leognan, Cru Classe
- Chateau Lafon Rochet, Saint Estephe, Fourth Growth
- Chateau Leoville Las Cases, Saint Julien
- Chateau Lynch Bages, Pauillac, Fifth Growth
- Chateau Malartic Lagraviere, Pessac-Leognan, Cru Classe
- Chateau Montrose, Saint Estephe, Second Growth
- Chateau Nenin, Pomerol
- Chateau Palmer, Margaux, Third Growth
- Chateau Pape Clement, Pessac-Leognan, Cru Classe
- Chateau Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande, Pauillac, Second Growth
- Chateau Rauzan Segla, Margaux, Second Growth
- Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, Pessac-Leognan, Cru Classe
- Chateau d’Yquem, Sauternes, Premier Cru Classe Superieur
Click the button below to purchase tickets for the Grand Tasting and the Gala Dinner
In addition, when you purchase a ticket for the Grand Tasting and you enter the coupon code MILLESIMA, you will receive a $50 off your next purchase at Millesima.