Applications are now open! Apply Now!
Millesima created its Blog Awards in 2013 to honor the American wine blogging community and to share outstanding wine writing with its 90,000+ clients around the world. In 2017, we are thrilled to add a new dimension to the contest: it is even more international, as it has opened to include Asia.
The Blog Awards open in Asia!
This year, the Blog Awards will cover three zones: the USA, Europe, and Asia. The three areas will have the same three categories each with separate winners and prizes. (Please note that the articles must be written in English; however, you may use an online translation tool to convert the language to English).
The heart and soul of Millesima comes from our rich history and unique ties to the city and region of Bordeaux. Yet, this year, without renouncing our heritage, we have decided to enlarge our outlook to include writing about wine regions across the globe. As such, the three categories are:
- Wine & Food Pairing Award
- Wine Travel Award
- Wine Reporter Award (an open category celebrating the best in wine writing)
Bloggers may submit multiple entries to more than one category, but the same article may not be submitted to multiple categories. The categories are the same for the USA, Europe, and for Asia
This year, as with last year, the contest will take place in two steps.
First Round (from the 2nd to 13th of January): Three international wine professionals will select the 21 finalists (of which the list will be released on the 16th of January), with three finalists in each category in each country, with one exception. For example, in the category « Wine Travel Award » will have 9 finalists: 3 in the USA, 3 in Europe, 3 in Asia. There will be three finalists per zone, except for the ‘Wine Reporter Award,’ which will select three finalists from all of the regions combined.
The second round will be put to a public vote! The 21 finalists as selected by our jury will be voted on by the public on our Facebook page (from the 16th of January to the close of voting on the 27th of January 2017). The public will chose one winner in each of the three categories in each country (zone) except for the category Wine Reporter Awarc, which will have a single winner from the entirty of the countries combined. The seven winners will be announced on the 6th of February , 2017.
Our 21 finalists will win a large format bottle from a top Bordeaux estate.
The seven grand prize winners will win an all-expenses paid trip to Bordeaux, during the famous “en primeur” week, from the 1st-7th of April, 2017. This week will include a private guided tour of the city of Bordeaux, a gala welcoming soirée, exclusive tastings of the 2016 vintage en primeur of the member Chateaux of the Union des Grands Crus, and more.
Remember that all articles must be written and submitted in English! But we accept that you use the automatic translation tools (you will not be punished for grammatical mistakes).
- The awards are open to any USA, European or Asian based wine blog written in English.
- The blog should be active: At least two articles posted per months, with the last post less than three months old.
- Eligible articles are original work posted by the blogger between December 2015 – December 2016.
- The article MUST belong to the person named in the entry form.
- Last year, the topic of the competition was only about Bordeaux wines. We want to give a more global dimension to the 2017 edition. Thus, each article will be unique and specific to your nationality, not limited to the Bordeaux wine region.
To be selected as a finalist, our three judges will consider the following criteria: Before you submit your articles, you increase your chance of being among the 21 finalists, and also one of the seven winners when you ask these preliminary questions.
- Have you shown your interest in the subject? Do you report with true passion and have you been extensively informed about the subject you are reporting on?
- Do you have an interesting and original view over the proposed subject?
- Referring to your writing style, does your article make you want to read it?
- On your blog, does the layout attract the eyes and support reading?
- On your blog, do the design and the visual effects improve or impair the reading experience?
- Your blog, is it easy to navigate, that means ergonomic?
Bloggers may submit multiple entries to more than one category, but the same article may not be submitted to multiple categories.
- Entry period: December 5 to December 30, 2016
- 21 Finalists will be announced on January 16, 2017 the Millesima blog as well as via Facebook and Twitter
- Second-round public voting runs from the 16th to the 27th of January 9, 2017
- Winners will be announced on the 6th of February, 2017
- Grand Prize Trip: from the 1st -7th of April, 2017
Terms and Conditions
Click Here to read contest Terms and Conditions
Entries to the contest will open on Monday, December 5th. For any additional information, do not hesitate to contact our Events department at firstname.lastname@example.org
This contest is made for you, so do not miss out! Are you interested in applying, or know someone who would be? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and include the hashtag #MillesimaBA2017 to follow the conversation online!
Millésima SA was founded in 1983 by the wine merchant Patrick Bernard. As the market leader in Europe selling prestigious wines and Primeurs-wines directly to consumers, the company has more than 10,000 references from a selection of wines and offers valuable services. Millésima is also present in America since 2006 with Millésima USA.