Millesima created its Blog Awards in 2013 to honor the American wine blogging community and to share outstanding wine writing with its 80,000+ clients around the world. In 2016, we are excited to add new dimensions to the contest.
The Blog Awards are Going Overseas!
This year, the Blog Awards will have two zones: the USA and Europe. The two zones will have the same 3 categories each with separate winners and prizes. All submitted blogs must be in English.
Millesima’s heart and soul comes from our rich history and unique ties to Bordeaux. This year, to honor our heritage, several of our categories have a decidedly “Bordelais” accent:
- Bordeaux Wine and Food Pairings
- Wine and Technology
- Bordeaux Wine Travel
Bloggers may submit multiple entries to more than one category, but the same article may not be submitted to multiple categories. The categories are the same in both regions.
This year’s contest will take place in two rounds.
First Round: Two prestigious Bordeaux wine professionals will select 4 finalists in each category and in each region. For example, the Wine and Technology will have 8 finalists: 4 in the USA and 4 in Europe.
For the second round, we’re putting it to a vote: The public will chose one winner in each of the three categories in each zone. The finalist who gets the most votes in each category will win our Grand Prize. (There will be six winners: 3 in the USA, and 3 in Europe).
The six grand prize winners will receive a trip to Bordeaux during the exciting en primeur week in April 2016! But in recognition of the high quality of wine writing, all 24 finalists will receive runner-up prizes.
- The awards are open to any USA- or European-based wine blog
- You can post your articles in your blog’s official language and we will translate it into English free of charge.
- The blog should be active: At least two articles posted per months, with the last post less than three months old.
- Eligible articles are original work posted by the blogger between December 2014 – and January 24, 2016.
- Video-centric posts are also eligible.
- The blog MUST belong to the person named in the entry form.
- To be selected as a finalist, our judges will consider the following criteria:
- Is the article relevant to the submitted category?
- Is the blogger passionate and knowledgeable about his or her subject?
- Does the post present a unique and/or interesting point of view?
- Do the design and visuals enhance or hinder the reading experience?
- Is the writing style engaging, clear, and without major spelling and grammar mistakes?
- Is the layout of the blog attractive and does it support the reading experience?
- Is the blog easy to navigate?
Bloggers may submit multiple entries to more than one category, but the same article may not be submitted to multiple categories.
- Entry period: January 7 to January 24, 2016 for US entries // January 7 to January 31, 2016 for European entries
- 24 Finalists will be announced on February 9, 2016 the Millesima blog as well as via Facebook and Twitter
- Second-round public voting runs from February 9- February 26, 2016
- Winners will be announced on February 29, 2016
- Grand Prize Trip: April 4- April 8, 2016
Terms and Conditions
Click Here to read contest Terms and Conditions
Millesima USA was established in 2006 with the mission to bring to the U.S. market the unparalleled selection and dedicated service that has established its parent, Millésima S.A., as Europe’s undisputed leader in the sale of fine wine futures and grand cru wine directly to consumers.