Millesima has partnered with Bernard Magrez to provide this year’s prizes for both the finalists and grand prize winners.
A leader and visionary in Bordeaux for the last 40 years, Bernard Magrez has never strayed from his quest for perfection in every bottle of wine. The only person to own four grand cru classés properties in Bordeaux, his vision of excellence guarantees connoisseurs of grand cru Bordeaux a selection of wines of utmost quality in his signature, singular style.
This year, in recognition of the high quality of writing in the world of wine bloggers, we are excited to offer prizes not just to the winners, but to the finalists as well.
Each of our European and American finalists will receive a large format of a Grand Cru Classé from one of the four estates of Bernard Magrez.
All of the six winners, from both the US and Europe, will win a trip to Bordeaux! You will spend a week fully immersed in Bordeaux wine and culture during the exciting en primeur (futures) week. During your stay, you will:
- Stay at the famous Chateau Fombrauge in the Saint-Emilion appellation
- Taste barrel samples of the 2015 vintage in various legendary Bordeaux appellations: Pauillac, Margaux, Saint-Estèphe, Pomerol etc…
- Have a private visit of the 4 Grands Crus Classés of Bernard Magrez estates: Chateau Fombrauge in Saint-Emilion, Chateau Pape-Clement in Pessac-Leognan, Chateau La Tour Carnet in Haut-Medoc, and Chateau Clos Haut-Peyraguey in Sauternes.
- Make your own wine, from blend to bottling and labeling, with the Magrez Family’s “B-Winemaker” atelier.
- An immersive and unique experience in the vineyards, featuring:An initiation to animal traction in the vines
- Learning how drones are used to monitor and analyze vineyards
- Discovering state-of-the-art wine technologies like the Vitirover and the Green Seeker
- Discover the best of French Gastronomy with a lunch at La Grande Maison de Bernard Magrez – a Joël Robuchon restaurant
- A private visit of the Cultural Institute of Bernard Magrez with its modern art collections
- Visit the beautiful city of Bordeaux, a UNESCO World Heritage
On top of these fabulous experiences, many other surprising and unique events with Bernard Magrez Estates and Millesima await you: dinners, tastings, visits etc…
- Entry period: January 7 to January 24, 2016 for US entries // January 7 to January 31, 2016 for European entries
- 24 Finalists will be announced on February 9, 2016 the Millesima blog as well as via Facebook and Twitter
- Second-round public voting runs from February 10- February 26, 2016
- Winners will be announced on February 29, 2016
- Grand Prize Trip: April 4- April 8, 2016
Millesima USA was established in 2006 with the mission to bring to the U.S. market the unparalleled selection and dedicated service that has established its parent, Millésima S.A., as Europe’s undisputed leader in the sale of fine wine futures and grand cru wine directly to consumers.